The Service Center has garnered experience in supporting the development activities of UNDP and other UN Agencies in Nigeria. The Service Center believes that access to world-class support services can dramatically increase efficiency, quality and transparency while reducing costs.
The Center provides quality goods and services, even at short notice, to meet the specific needs of the development community. Our customers benefit not only from our experience but also from our principles of transparency and accountability as defined by UNDP rules.
The Center is committed to building capacity at field level. Our growing range of training and consultancy services is aimed at increasing professionalism in all aspects of local and international procurement, recruitment of consultants, project finance and implementation and ICT.
Services offered at the Center include;
- Procurement services (goods & services).
- Recruitment for professional services (consultants hired under SC / SSA, firms).
- Capacity Building / Training services.
- Financial Management / implementation services.
- ICT for Development
- Financial Considerations (self-financing)
Our clients include;
- United Nations Agencies and Organizations in Nigeria. In addition to UNDP, we provide services to UNFPA, UNODC, UNAIDS, UNHABITAT, UNITAR, UNCTAD, UNV, IAEA, WMO, IMO, ITU, UNHQS, ICAO, UNMIK, UNMIS, UNON, UNEP, UNOV, UNDESA, IPU, UNHCR and UNCCD.
- Federal and States' Governments in Nigeria
- International Finance Institutions such as the World Bank, the IMF and the African Development Bank
- Development Agencies of Donor Countries
- Inter-Governmental Organizations including the European Economic Commission and entities of the EU
- International Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
Major Projects Facilitated by the Service Center include;
- The 2003 General Elections EU project in Nigeria;
- Millennium Villages in Ondo and Kaduna States;
- The Joint Donor Basket Fund for 2007 Nigeria General Elections;
- European Union Election Observation Mission (EU EOM) Nigeria 2007;
- Various UNDP Projects.